February 26, 2015
Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
- Lee Acebedo, Executive Director, CNIGA
- Salim Adatia, CEO, GLI Canada
- Brett Abarbanel, Head of Social and Recreational Gambling Research, UCLA Gambling Studies Program
- Pat Agnellini, Shareholder, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
- Robyn Black, Principal, Eclipse Government Affairs
- Mario Galea, Managing Director and CEO, Random Consulting
- Mike Gatto, Assemblymember, California District 43
- Chris Grove, Publisher, Online Poker Report
- Robert Jacobson, Executive Director, California Council on Problem Gambling
- Gene Johnson, Senior Vice President of Market Research and Online Studies, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Connie Jones, Director of Responsible Gaming, AGEM
- Haig Kelegian, President, Casino Management, Inc.
- Adam Krejcik, Partner, Eilers Research, LLC
- Kate Lowenhar-Fisher, Member, Dickinson Wright
- Bo Mazzetti, Chairman, Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians
- Jana McKeag, President, Lowry Strategies
- Greg Mills, Expert in Social Casino Space Representing GTECH
- Dan Morain, Moderator Editorial Page Editor, Sacramento Bee
- John Roberts, Executive Director, Pokagon Band Gaming Commission
- Victor Rocha, Founder, Pechanga.net
- Cheryl Schmit, Director, Stand Up for California
- Keith Sharp, Member, Falk & Sharp
- Art Shectman, President, Elephant Ventures
- Richard Schuetz, Commissioner, California Gambling Control Commission
- Loretta Tuell, Member, Greenberg Traurig
- Joe Valandra, Chairman and CEO, Great Luck
- Marco Valerio, iGaming Adviser, Agentmarco.com
- Joseph Weinert, Executive Vice President, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Marcus Yoder, Vice President, Regulated Markets Business Development, Gamblit Gaming
Follow #IGLSCA for the latest on the iGaming Legislative Symposium.
- 2014: The Year in Review: An intensive examination of how the political and operational climate changed in California over the past year, and how influences outside California had an effect on the state’s efforts to legalize iGaming.
- The Future of iGaming in California: An in-depth discussion of the realistic prospects for legalizing Internet poker in California, how will it happen (or not), and who the winners and the losers in this debate will be.
- Critical Issues for a Successful iGaming Rollout: An expert roundtable regarding the lessons California can learn from other jurisdictions with experience in iGaming rollout.
- Is iGaming More Addictive Than Land-based Gaming?: Professionals in the field of gambling addiction and treatment provide a unique perspective into the potential benefits and pitfalls for legal, responsible Internet wagering.
- iGaming Regulation in California: As California prepares for the eventual introduction of iGaming, it must also prepare a regulatory scheme that both maintains integrity and is workable for the stakeholders. Join regulatory experts and operators in this critical discussion.
- Legislative Initiatives: From taxation to a bad-actors clause to consumer protections, any iGaming legislation is loaded with flash points that can either doom or assure passage. This panel will share their insights on what is and isn’t resonating in the State Capitol.
iGaming Lesiglative Symposium 2014 Highlights